Okay, so I may have told a slight fib… I am going to look back at 2015 a liiitle bit – but just to pick out a few of the highlights – it hasn’t all been bad and I want to remember the good things as we move into 2016!
- Moving House. It came from a crappy situation, and the moving day itself was one of the most stressful days of my entire life (!) but in all honesty, I’m so much happier living where I am now compared with where I was before. It’s such a good location for me. A really nice leafy area, with great transport links into central London for work and so quick to get down to the south coast to see friends and family too. Plus I’ve met my two amazing flatmates, and we get on so well, I think the whole thing has been a blessing in disguise.
- Getting my car. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now that I have my car – a new sense of freedom has been unleashed! Even though I don’t use it for work, I absolutely love having it and it means I can get down south to see everyone in less than 2 hours, which is amazing. If you missed me gushing about my car before, then check out this post!
- My auntie’s wedding in Ireland. For those of you who don’t know, I’m half Irish, and have a lot of family over in Ireland. I don’t go over there that often, but when I do, it’s always an absolute blast – they’re all crazy (probably explains my craziness..!) but I love ’em. The wedding in November was so fun and I was absolutely knackered by the end of it – but a feckin’ brilliant weekend all in all!
- My friends and family. As I said before, 2015 has been a bit of a rollercoaster year, and I know full well that I wouldn’t have coped if it wasn’t for my friends and family. They helped me through so much and for that I will be eternally grateful. I think when you look back on life it’s the people you spend it with, more than the things you do, that make everything so special.
So 2015 wasn’t alllll bad! But I am awaiting 2016 with open arms – a fresh new year with new goals and ambitions and hopefully lots of exciting things to come. So enough of 2015, here’s what I’m looking forward to for 2016!
First up, I have 3 weddings already in the diary, two of my best friends, both of whom I’m being bridesmaid for, and then my cousin’s wedding in Ireland which I’m really excited for as it means another fun trip to Ireland! I can’t wait for all the celebrations to begin.
I also have a potential new project that I may be embarking on with my Dad – not much I can say about that right now, but it should be really fun! I will divulge more if it comes to fruition. 🙂
I don’t have any plans to go skiing this year, which on the one hand I’m a little bit gutted about, but to be honest, I could do with saving a bit of money – skiing is pretty expensive, and I’d quite like to put some money towards visiting some new places – long weekend in Europe, anyone?!
I’ve also decided that 2016 is going to have a focus on quality not quantity. I think I’m at an age now where I want to start buying things that will last, rather than things that will just get thrown away after a year or two. For example, kitchen equipment – I don’t have a lot, and most of it is pretty cheap, so I’d like to start investing in quality pieces that will last me for years to come. Similarly with handbags – I get through so many everyday bags, either the handles break, or the linings rip, or zips break – I’d really like to invest in a bag that will last me more than just a year or two *cough*Mulberry*cough* 😉 so watch this space..!
I always say that I’m not going to do resolutions, and generally I don’t, but I think secretly everyone has a few little goals in their head for the new year, so I’m going to unashamedly put pen to paper (digitally speaking) and document mine for all to see:
- Improve my fitness – this is such a cliche, I know, but I started running again in October, and not long after, my health took a bit of a downward spiral so it was quickly canned. I’m hoping once I get back on top of everything health-wise, I can start again. I’m not trying to lose weight, I just need to improve my fitness and tone up slightly, so a bit of running and some sit ups should be a good start, hopefully..!
- Get back into blogging. Because of my health, and the fact that I’ve just been sooo busy over the last few months of 2015, blogging has taken somewhat of a backseat, so I really want to get back into it again. I did so well (even if I do say so myself) to keep up with 3 posts a week whilst working full time, so I want to work my way back to that point again.
- A spring clean. I’ve mentioned before about my love of having a sort out – I tend to have a semi-annual mass sort out of everything I own – I just find it so therapeutic, and satisfying, so I plan to do the same again in at some point over the next few weeks.
- Learn French. Another cliche, right?! I’ve always said this, but I really do want to – one of my friends is French so I guess I could either ask her to help (sorry Claire, if you’re reading this..!) or purchase myself a Rosetta Stone or something – does anyone know if they’re any good?! I did French at school for around 3-4 years I think, but then I gave it up and did German – I found German quite easy to pick up actually, but there are hardly any situations where I would need to use it, and French is much more useful, especially considering I go skiing to the Alps relatively frequently. I’m not too bad at picking things up and I know a few basic phrases – Je voudrais un verre de vin, sil vous plait, being the most important one of course 😉 – but I would love to be better.
- Save money. I’ve always been very good with money, but my savings have taken a bit of a hit over the last few years as I’ve moved house quite a few times. But I think I’m in quite a good position now – I’m settled where I’m living and don’t plan to move again any time soon! So I’ve started putting aside money each month to go into my savings – for when I buy my pug, yeah..?! 🙂 But really just to top everything up again to the level it was a few years back – so fingers crossed!
I think I’ll leave it at 5 for now, that seems like a good number to begin with, so lets see how I get on with those..!
I’m feeling really positive about the new year – good riddance to 2015, and welcome 2016! I am going to make the absolute most of 2016 – it is totally gonna kick 2015’s ass!
So before I go, I would like to wish all of you the very best for 2016 and I hope you get well and truly trollied this evening! 😉
*Image via Pinterest